Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Photoshots of All Souls Day....

Catholics mark All Souls Day on 2 November 2008 and I was part of this event. We were greeted with a day of sunshine. All Souls Day is a day to remember and pray for the departed family members as well as friends. It is a day for me to return to my hometown Balik Pulau, where my roots came from. This Catholic burial ground at my hometown is a historical site in Penang. My great grand parents were buried here and they departed in the 1950s. There are many cemetaries dating back to the early 1900s.

The Catholic Priest blessing the graves... sprinkling holy water.

The Cross of Jesus Christ stands right in the center of the burial ground...

For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten Son to die on the cross for our sins...

This All Souls Day, I noticed that the flower presentations at the cemetary became significantly impressive compared to those years ago where folks bought flowers from pails in the wet market. Families now are investing a lot more in flowers compared to those olden days.

These are some of the beautiful bouquet presentations that caught my camera's attention...

Candles lighted on every grave...

Dear Lord, may Your perpetual light shine upon them and may their soul rest in peace.

AMEN.

1 comment:

T r o y 1 6 said...

i suddenly like the range of flower effect in your blog. it is high time you acquire a dedicated macro lens for the task as you may uncover a whole new world of "micro" photography..

Keep up the good progress, bro