Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Nikon D80 Just Wouldn't Click...

This morning, armed with my camera bag I went around Georgetown to do a trial run of the Heritage Sites around town before I bring along my troop of photography enthusiasts on a walk- -on-foot photography outing which we have been chatting about but have not gotten to do it yet ever since the city was awarded Heritage City by UNESCO.

Seeing my first opportunity to shoot (not easy though, as the sky was not friendly the whole day), I took out my camera and opps... it just wouldn't click. The message was F-- (no pun intended) on the LCD screen with an error message of r09 when the shutter is depressed. Well, I was really depressed with a reading of up to r100!

I quickly took my camera to the Nikon shop, and the pro at the shop told me that my lens has a problem. Fortunately it is still under warranty (smile). I have been using that 18mm-135mm lens for most of my shots and I have been dreaming of a 70-300mm lens to add on to my lens collectionz. Today, I just could not resist it anymore. I gave in, and bought a Nikkor 70mm-300mm lens. I had to leave my 18mm-135mm lens there for 3 weeks. Wah... 3 weeks! How to live without my lens for 3 weeks?

To ease my pain, I had to borrow from my fellow photography enthusiast good ol' friend his Nikkor 50mm 1:1.8 for my indoor shots temporarily. It is very frustrating though, to use the 70mm-135mm lens indoors (frown).

The good news is that I now have great lens for the outdoor, but the bad news is that there is a big dent on my wallet. I spent almost the whole morning in the Nikon shop, and lost the chance for any trial shooting.

Armed with my new lens, I clicked a few shots before calling it a day. I shall post it in my blog.

2 comments:

T r o y 1 6 said...

a good lens is a worthwhile investment, bro

Brian Tan said...

i hope i will be able to do justise to the lens. Ha ha...

I am not very technical...